What do I use to make music in my chaotic garage-turned-home-studio? What equipment do I currently use for my production process? The answers are all here. And if there are still questions, feel free to ask.
- Digital Audio Workstation (DAW): Propellerheads Reason 10. I’ve been an avid user since version 2. And the software has been nothing short of amazing.
- Audio Editing: Sound Forge Audio Studio 12. This was the audio editor that I cut my teeth on as a beginner in audio production.
- Video Editing: Vegas Pro 15. Been a Vegas user since when it was more a DAW than a video editor. And it still serves its purpose quite well.
- Mixer/Soundcard: Yamaha AG03
- Microphones: MXL 440 multipurpose condenser microphone, Shure 8900 dynamic vocal microphone
- MIDI Keyboard Controller: Evolution MK-449C. 49-key MIDI keyboard. No onboard sounds.
- MIDI Drum Controllers: Arturia BeatStep, and Akai LPD8 Wireless
- Guitars: Applause steel-string Roundback, Pyle acoustic/electric nylon-string guitar
- Bass: Ibanez 4-string
- Miscellaneous: recorder, bamboo flute, kalimba